Government Supermarket Vouchers for Free School Meals
Dear Parents and Carers,
During this time of temporary school closure, the government are offering to provide the families of children who are eligible for Free School Meals, supermarket shopping vouchers to the value of £15 per child each week. Our families known to us who are eligible for this scheme, have already been contacted by school, however there may be other families, not known to us who are also eligible and may not be aware. If you receive any of the following, you will be able to claim the supermarket vouchers from us, one per child in your family each week.
Your child may be eligible if you get any one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is in school and is younger than compulsory school age.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
if you believe you are eligible to claim the supermarket vouchers and we may not know, please email our school email address with your details or call the school office. Further information about eligibility can be found at
Please contact school if you think you are eligible and we do not yet know.