Year 1 2017-2018
Welcome to Year 1!
Teaching your class this term are Mr Burton and Miss Pilak.
We have lots of exciting learning to look forward to this year.
- We will be continuing with our Read Write Inc programme, where the children will continue to learn their speed sounds and become fluent readers, we ask them to remember to use their knowledge of speed sounds when they are reading at home too.
- Reading books will be sent home on Friday, please fill in the home/school diary to let me know how your child is reading at home. You may find that your child brings home a book they have already read this is for comprehension and understanding. Your child should be able to read their book with a little assistance to decode.
- We look at high frequency words and common exception words weekly and send these home every week for the children to practice reading and writing.
- In maths we will be learning Number Place Value, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, shape and measures and using problem solving and reasoning through all of the areas.
- This year it is really important that we learn our 2,3, 5 and 10 times tables. It would be great if you can practice them at home too as it will help to improve the maths that the children do in school.
- We have PE every week. So please make sure that your child has their full PE kit in school as they will get changed for PE. Please make sure all clothes are labelled with your child’s name.
- It will be sent home every Friday and should be completed for the following Wednesday.
- Please ensure your chid has a book bag and brings it to school every day.
- The pages for your childs weekly Maths homework are dated inside the books. Please make sure your child completes only the dated pages.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display