At. St Anne's, our vision for our children is to leave as confident, skilled and resilient mathematicians: who understand that mathematics is a fundamental part of everyday life and the world we live in.
We will give our children real-life learning experiences and opportunities to ensure they are confident to deal with the challenges the world presents. Our children will develop a positive attitude to mathematics and develop an understanding through enquiry, reasoning and problem solving. Whilst learning a range of strategies: working co-operatively, collaboratively and independently. They will gain confidence in mathematics expresing ideas fluently using mathematical language.
Our children will thrive upon conquering the challenges and puzzles that mathematics will bring whilst not being afraid to make mistakes.
The national curriculum for mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- Reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language.
- Can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and nonroutine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
Year 6 – Kuba & Charlie
Year 5/6 - Emmi
Year 5 – Evie & Ben
Year 4 – Alan & Noah
Year 3/4 – Liam & Rhys
Year 3 – Amelia Y & Jakub
Year 2 – Evie
Year 1/2 – Finley
Year 1 - Lucas
Homework for maths is now paperless:
All children in our school have log in details for following online Maths websites: Timetable Rockstars.
Click on the link below to begin learning through play!
Click on the links below to:
- View the long term plans for each year group to find out what is being covered in each class at different points throughout the year.
- View an exmaple plan for Mathematics in our School. This plan is for a Year 3 class.