Welcome to FS2!
Our Reception classes (FS2) are taught by Miss Donoghue and Mrs Mitty.
- We use the Read Write Inc programme which assists the children in learning the sounds that letters make to become fluent readers. The children should remember to use their knowledge of speed sounds when they are reading at home too. Every child has a specific reading day when their book will be changed. Please fill in the home/school diary to let us know how your child is reading at home. You may find that your child brings home a book they have already read this is to ensure they can read the book and explain it afterwards.
We look at high frequency words weekly and send these home every week for the children to practise reading and writing. They also practise recognising these words in class.
- Every week we have a special number that we focus on. We look at all aspects of the number including days and months, counting, formation, representation, shape, time, measurement and number bonds. Our provision around the classroom often gives the children challenges involving the number of the week and they will sometimes be asked to bring in items for our Maths Museum to encourage counting at home.
- We have PE every week so please make sure that your child has their full PE kit in school at all times. It can be taken home to be washed at the end of every half term. Please make sure all clothes are labelled with your child’s name.
- Homework challenges and HFW books will be sent home every Friday and should be returned every Wednesday. Sometimes the children will also be set tasks through the Purple Mash software. All login and password details are in the front of the children's homework diaries.
- Please ensure that your child has a book bag and brings it to school each day.
Reception : Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception : Events items
Reception : Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display